sydney forcast 10th

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

pooshkie
regular

sydney forcast 10th

Post by pooshkie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:10 am

http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav.jsp?re ... 10&units=e

i think its gonna be big this weekend??
do you really think its gonna be this big?

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:10 am

This east Coast low is going serously bomb. Once the trough reaches the coast the pressure is going to plummet and the whole thing will go cyclonic. Its going to get nasty.
I would be thinking 100km/h winds on the Illawarra and offshore.
Yes the the swell is going be seriously big, 7-10m wave height is not unreasonable to expect, but at only 10 sec its more like wind chop on steroids.
I am flying to Africa on Sunday and I am a bit concerned about how this system might affect my flight. But i think the worst of it will hit the Illawarra and S Coast.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:46 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: thats nuts
i was planning a trip up the coast on monday, but i think im gonna have to delay it a day or two.

prepare
regular

Post by prepare » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:56 am

looks like it will be big but offshore? doesnt look like it to me. with a 9-10sec period forcast and strong southlys there wont be to many spots surfable.

robh
regular

Post by robh » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:38 pm

When will it become surfable>?

ilovetoboogie

shoudl be a werid day...

Post by ilovetoboogie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:12 pm

Sunday should be a weird day...... the morning should be flat...or pritty close to it...but by 2 or 3 and at the lastest 4pm the the surf should be pumping......10ft ++...but the wind and the period wil be the tell weather its going to be good or not!

a dead south swell with a south south west wind! at 25 to bout 40 knots!... hmmmm

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:48 pm

barstardos wrote:This east Coast low is going serously bomb. Once the trough reaches the coast the pressure is going to plummet and the whole thing will go cyclonic. Its going to get nasty.
I would be thinking 100km/h winds on the Illawarra and offshore.
Yes the the swell is going be seriously big, 7-10m wave height is not unreasonable to expect, but at only 10 sec its more like wind chop on steroids.
I am flying to Africa on Sunday and I am a bit concerned about how this system might affect my flight. But i think the worst of it will hit the Illawarra and S Coast.
i see u booked a trip to sth africa right after the rugby game just to rub it in the bastads for gettin beaten by the wallabies??
top choice, dont deny it, its ur real reason we all know

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:05 pm

whooohoooo
farkyeah
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"