Somethin's up

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:04 pm

thas what i thought about this morning...nope

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:31 pm

bah! it was NOT worth gettin myself wet this morning, no1 out, 3' sloppy, faceless peaks, raining, freezing cold wind, i was sick, and there was heapsa seaweed on the inside. u try and find a positive there.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:37 pm

expecting gale-force onshores with a 4m swell 2moro...1st morning in about 5 weeks i wont b draggin myself outta bed for the early. if u have seen tha crap days on surfit lately and happen 2 notice one or two lonely-looking souls out at newport ont he flat days, its me n my friend, we brave it every morning!

p.s except 2moro

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:47 pm

yeah i saw the fotos at dy and the point...if u ask me it didnt look like my idea of fun! hey squid can i ask how old u r?

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:08 pm

really? for some reason i had this idea u were only 15 or so....mustv bin thinking of sum1 else.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:18 pm

aaah i mightv bin confusing u with uther! where u from uther? as in where do u surf mostly?

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:33 pm

ah, manly ay? i dont like that place. no offence. but i WOULD like to surf teh bower, just cant stand surfing the beachies there, 2 many tourist clogging up the breaks, even when the surf is a decent size they somehow find a way into the lineup. not long ago a freind wanted to meet up there for a surf so i got a bus all the way from newport and as it drove past warriewood i watched perfect offshore 3 foot right in the corner. i almost ditched her and got off the bus early. but i (stupidly) figured since it was a south swell, it might be a little bigger the further south we went - nope. didnt even stay offshore. so i was forced into the windy, onshore 1'-2' crap north steyne had to offer...what a waste of a sunday that was.
but i DEFINATELY want to surf the bower some day. whats it like eh uther?

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:19 pm

yeah iv done that trying 2 surf crosswaves on a low tide. would it work out 2 catch a wave in, and then kick out as late as possible and paddle in via shelley? yea iv seen fotos and it does look quite a long wave. on the northern beaches i cant imaging there would be too many longer waves. iv been down to south steyn, like 2 the resturaunts on the walkway there before shelley, and that looks like a long paddle. in year 8 (yr 10 now) we did surfing 4 sport and went 2 manly every tuesday. needless to say, the waves were sh*thouse every week, cept the last one. do you know any waves on the northern beaches that you could compare it to?

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:39 pm

yer i hate trying to paddle in via rocks at places iv never surfed before, when i first surfed x-waves, i was on a booger...i tried 2 paddle in via the rocks but i got piss-scared so i paddled all the wayround, past the pipe just south of the clubhouse...i didtn take the south newport shorey in coz i dont much like the big rocks in teh impact zone...lol i take the rock route in now tho.