Summer

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: Butts, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 27155
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Summer

Post by steve shearer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm

holy fcuking hell
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Summer

Post by alakaboo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 pm

I'm honestly not joking, last decent swell my mate counted over 200 vehicles from arsehole to breakfast, on a Thursday.

Actually should say last decent forecast, it came in at an anemic 3ft.

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Summer

Post by buddy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:23 pm

I went there last feb, tuesday to sat.
Had the dawny to ourselves every day for 3 hours.
Final day winds went Nth and the backbeach was pretty busy and it was the weekend I suppose.

User avatar
foamy
Owl status
Posts: 4654
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: Summer

Post by foamy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Lucky it's a secret spot.

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Summer

Post by Wyre » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 pm
Thanks jimmy. Very kind offer. I’d love to but if was going to head up it would be for more than a single day to make it worth the effort. And I can’t afford the time away at the moment.

I’ll be watching it all take shape over the next 48 hours. I’m aiming to take a single day off work early next week. It won’t be epic like greenmount or Lennox, but there’ll be something about. So far I’ve got my fingers crossed for a go out at windang on the 8 foot gun early Monday. That’s if the winds stay light/ene and don’t switch south. Or if they do, then I’ll head a bit further south, or north.
yeah, I've never surfed there! Looks insane. I'm considering Sandon though. Or Thommos. Flick me a text, I'm free on Monday for a few hours at least.
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24679
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Summer

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:39 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 pm
I'm honestly not joking, last decent swell my mate counted over 200 vehicles from arsehole to breakfast, on a Thursday.

Actually should say last decent forecast, it came in at an anemic 3ft.
I've scored a few under the radar sessions there in the last few years. one memorable one 4-5ft and sectionless from the rocks to about halfway out into the bay. maybe 20 ppl out, but so much water moving there may as well have been no one out. Surfed with a photog mate for 2 days and never saw him in the lineup once. :lol:

but if there's interwebs hype on a swell. its all over. People crossing up there at midnight low tides just for the early. but first light, there can 150 cars.

everyone has a 4WD these days, huh?
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Summer

Post by buddy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:47 pm

It's more funny seeing some of the shit boxes that make it up there :)

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 14471
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Summer

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Wyre wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 pm
Hatchnam wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 pm
Thanks jimmy. Very kind offer. I’d love to but if was going to head up it would be for more than a single day to make it worth the effort. And I can’t afford the time away at the moment.

I’ll be watching it all take shape over the next 48 hours. I’m aiming to take a single day off work early next week. It won’t be epic like greenmount or Lennox, but there’ll be something about. So far I’ve got my fingers crossed for a go out at windang on the 8 foot gun early Monday. That’s if the winds stay light/ene and don’t switch south. Or if they do, then I’ll head a bit further south, or north.
yeah, I've never surfed there! Looks insane. I'm considering Sandon though. Or Thommos. Flick me a text, I'm free on Monday for a few hours at least.
I’ve got Monday off work. Leaving super early. Packing an 8’0, 6’10, and 6’4. windang left probs will be wind affected if the wind goes SE. Either way, I think there will be more options south of the gong than north of it . I’ve got at least three spots in mind that may be working. Spare seat. I can swing past on the way through and pick you up around 6am? Either that or catch up around midday or so as I head back up north?
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 am
That's fine but the scale is inherently elitist.

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Summer

Post by Wyre » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Midday might be better- I can do the super early then it's all hands on deck until 9am. Then it's Wyre Time
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Summer

Post by buddy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 am

A lot of people out and about frothing over this swell this morn, but it's four foot and onshore. Looks pretty powerful but.
Just need the wind to go more sth.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 14471
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Summer

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:22 am

Wyre wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:38 pm
Midday might be better- I can do the super early then it's all hands on deck until 9am. Then it's Wyre Time
Ok. Be in touch.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 am
That's fine but the scale is inherently elitist.

User avatar
foamy
Owl status
Posts: 4654
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: Summer

Post by foamy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:04 pm

From the Goldy today. If you go to 1:02:50, there's a pretty epic barrel.

https://youtu.be/GFr0402wtx4

channels
Owl status
Posts: 4955
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Summer

Post by channels » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:26 pm

And the jet ski step off guy immediately before him does an epic barrel dodge.

User avatar
foamy
Owl status
Posts: 4654
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: Summer

Post by foamy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:57 am

Parko posted on instagram this ride from yesterday at Snapper.

https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.co ... 3472_n.mp4

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22679
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Summer

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:47 pm

foamy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:04 pm
From the Goldy today. If you go to 1:02:50, there's a pretty epic barrel.

https://youtu.be/GFr0402wtx4
That'd be Brenno Dorrington in the epic barrel.

I dunno who did the step off but I don't think he dogged anything, that section collapsed and he couldn't get around it. Probably more a case of Shit Board Syndrome.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 27155
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Summer

Post by steve shearer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm

thats one for the Mad Hueys.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

channels
Owl status
Posts: 4955
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Summer

Post by channels » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't understand this swell, or lack of, yet. Did the dawn run on Saturday, DY barely breaking and Manly really inconsistent. Flagged it for the early and hit it just adter midday. Saw a few rogue 5 footers but really a consistent and comfortable 4 foot. Sunday, felt like the south swell was bigger than anticipated and south facing beaches had a few overhead ones coming through.

This morning Swellnet saying Coffs and Port Mac regions are 8 foot or so but Sydney this morning was smaller than all weekend and no sign of any increase by lunch.

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Summer

Post by buddy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Well crescent is 4 ft for the most part. Every now and then there's a 6+ set

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests