Carribean

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Carribean

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:19 am

Anyone done the Carribean?

Any recommendations of time of year, areas for good surf etc?

Looking for some honeymoon ideas and it would be a shame to not get to surf at least once :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Natho
barnacle

Re: Carribean

Post by Natho » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Yep done Barbados and a few other places, however I was based out of the USA at the time so it didn't involve the travel time that it does if you go from Oz.
Barbados was great. Surfed Soup Bowls which is one of the most fun waves I have surfed. Not too crowded. Just a few seppo lidders out and a few locals who were too stoned to bother even taking off.
Had one of the best meals ever there at The Cliff restaurant. If it is still there the location can't be beat. World class.
A cyclone off the coast of the USA set the breaks on the Carribean side of the island off while I was there. Not as big as the East Coast was but some of the waves were simply flawless, smallish but super fun.It is easy to get around the island. Just hire a car.
Just a tip. Don't wear cargo pants or any military looking clothing into the country. They won't let you in unless you remove your clothes. Unless things have changed now?

I did my honeymoon a couple of years ago in Maui. Highly recommend it. It was a surf trip in disguise. Got Honolua Bay pumping which is one of the best waves you will ever surf when it is on. I assume you want to surf too right? I went in Feb which was a great time to go. Heaps of whales too.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Re: Carribean

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks for the tips Natho! :D

Sounds like a winner... chicken dinner
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.