tc evan

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

brendo
barnacle

tc evan

Post by brendo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:04 pm

it would appear that after this cunce finishes destroying pacific island nations it will drift down into our swell window and there will be a moderate swell hit our shores by next weekend. so while you are enjoying paddling around the superbank with 400 of your best mates or 300 longboarders at manly, spare a thought to the samoans whos homes have been destroyed and the fijians, who by then , will have their homes destroyed. poor buggers, ive seen samoa after the tsunami and was in fiji during this yrs record floods. very sad.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: tc evan

Post by steve shearer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 am

true story. :(
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Lolo
Grommet

Post by Lolo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Calling it as bad as Cyclone Kina in 93.

This one looks like its going to track right down the Manamucas demolishing everything in sight.

Tavarua and Namotu look like they'll get destroyed as it passes just to the west of them so they'll cop a direct hit from the eye wall. Forecasts are saying sustained winds of 115 knots and gusts over 140! Faark.

:cry:

gabsouy
regular

Post by gabsouy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 pm

what winds for the east coast with this cyclone swell north -north west....... ? don, shearer. edit- mid north coast area.
Last edited by gabsouy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:12 pm

gabsouy wrote:what winds for the east coast with this cyclone swell north -north west....... ? don, shearer.
Ummmm, the east coast is a rather large location to be asking for specific winds....perhaps you may wish to pinpoint a more exact location like SE Qld, Mid Coast NSW??

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for the swell to get here, and how long it will last.

Early season for cyclones in this part of the world.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:21 pm

oldman wrote:Will be interesting to see how long it takes for the swell to get here, and how long it will last.

Early season for cyclones in this part of the world.

short fetch, no big craddling high. say fri for it show and be incon. cant imagine it will be anything to good, but xmas swell anyway at the expense of hundreds of homes destroyed....

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:28 pm

brendo wrote: short fetch, no big craddling high. say fri for it show and be incon. cant imagine it will be anything to good, but xmas swell anyway at the expense of hundreds of homes destroyed....
Imagining the same. Not expecting much down sydney way. your point about destruction is noted, have always marvelled at surfers lack of interest in people affected when a cyclone appears.

but what can you do?
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 am

Nope, it'll hang around TC Evan went ex-tropical and squeezed up against a high east of NZ, so we'll have a sustained period of swell from this setup. Long waits for the sets.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Winds for se qld don
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Yah. Make the easterlies go away, Don. Please?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:54 am

Yep, sometimes Huey can be a real cnut!!! One of the longest sustained periods of swell we've had in a long time and he gives us dead E'ly's for the majority of it!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 am

But every morning it's SW at Coolangatta. :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 pm

My arms are jelly but I wouldlove a clean day
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Trev wrote:But every morning it's SW at Coolangatta. :twisted:
Yep, its def a unique part of the coastline there. Has something to do with the range not too far off the coast there me thinks.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Donweather wrote:
Trev wrote:But every morning it's SW at Coolangatta. :twisted:
Yep, its def a unique part of the coastline there. Has something to do with the range not too far off the coast there me thinks.
Haha. Growing up there we took it for granted. :roll:
Of course we had no way in those days of knowing what the wind was like even up the other end of the Goldie, let alone the Sunny Coast or the Northern Rivers.
Beanpole

Skipper

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Not saying you blokes are wrong, but I wouldn't trust wind readings from an airport.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Why's that Boo?