Forecast for Fiji islands 27 Sep to October?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Quangers
Local

Forecast for Fiji islands 27 Sep to October?

Post by Quangers » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what the surf will be like at Cloudbreak and Restaurants next week?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Forecast for Fiji islands 27 Sep to October?

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Tiny on Sept 27th, but a new SW groundswell looks possible from Friday 28th (2-3ft+) building to 3-4ft+ on Sat 29th waning slowly back down to very small conditions again come the middle of the first week in October.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks Don!
Much appreciated.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Donweather wrote:Tiny on Sept 27th, but a new SW groundswell looks possible from Friday 28th (2-3ft+) building to 3-4ft+ on Sat 29th waning slowly back down to very small conditions again come the middle of the first week in October.
You were on the money Don. Went out to the islands on that Saturday and surfed a few of the name breaks.
Wore one of those 4 footers on the head at Cloudbreak and ended up getting washed up on the reef in ankle deep water. :oops:
Only a few cuts on the feet as I had to wait for a few more sets to wash enough water over the rocks and coral heads to paddle off.
I now have new found appreciation for those pics of huge Cloudbreak... makes me want to shart my pants.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Gee, anyone visiting Fiji or Tahiti this coming weekend may wish to consider packing that bigger gun!!! :-)(