fiji next week 26th march

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

brendo
barnacle

fiji next week 26th march

Post by brendo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 pm

heading over next monday. i see a strong low passing below us friday. im thinking swell will peak fiji monday/tues. somewhere around 8ft plus at 14+ secs. what do the gurus think? thats you shearer and don 8)

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: fiji next week 26th march

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Yep. Heaps more swell behind that as well.

Only curve ball is a tropical low hovering in the area that might see a monsoonal NW flow from Tues.......or you may be safe with SE trades.
Tricky call.

Heaps of surf though.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

stayin on the coral coast steve, so nw would be offshore id say. but problem is prob to much swell for those breaks? think ill do a trip to cloudbreak, but i reckon that would be wednesday, conditions pending

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Yep, the potential is there for some damn solid (and powerful) swell heading your way early-mid next week, but I agree with Steve, potentially accompanied by NW winds (although still a long way off for any real confidence on this). Could even be a tropical cyclone develop around there, although most models have it retrograding westwards if it does form there.

I know exactly where I'd be heading in Fiji with a forecast looking like that!!!!

You can thank Craig (at SN) for his long wave trough.

Take a big board to get onto those deep outer reef waves with swell periods up around 18 seconds!!! :shock:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some pros head over to Fiji mid-late next week for a quick stint prior to Bells kicking off. All depends on the local wind forecast however.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:09 pm

swell to peak wed, winds going more ne. you reckon the swell will hold into next weekend don? im thinkin that strenghting fetch off the high, and the deepening low will start to push the sw swell up away from fiji? youre thoughts?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 pm

brendo wrote:im thinkin that strenghting fetch off the high, and the deepening low will start to push the sw swell up away from fiji? youre thoughts?
I'm not following your logic here Brendo? Which fetch are you referring to? For you, I wouldn;t be worrying about swell up there. I'd be worrying about a cyclone bearing down on you, or at least bringing onshore winds to rain on your swell parade!!!

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:35 am

Yea don, it's been pissing down, we are flooded in. Nadi has no water or power, roads are gone. It's a farkin nightmare. Airport closed. Villages underwater. The water is choc brown and full of rubbish, trees etc. The swell is 3 ft and offshore here, but so much crap in the ocean...be a miracle if we get on our flight Sunday arvo

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:55 am

Fiji is getting smashed by that monsoonal low.

Hope you and yours get out alright Brendon and the people of Fiji can recover quickly.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Shep, the sit is very bad here . 600 mm rain in 3 days. Bridges r gone, villages under water. We r stuck in resort with food and water running low. U can pay for choppper but today 150 people went to intercontinental to get it but it. Was cancelled , the road was cut again and they r stuck in lobby with no water. 1500 stranded at airport . What the dark is our government doing? Oh yea, sweet fa. To busy lookin after boat arrivals ......

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Heavy stuff Brendo.

I was watching SBS news late last night. They were painting a picture every bit as full on as what you are going through. Doesn't look like the weather is letting up to help out anytime soon either?

You got a plan?

Good luck man.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

finally got out late last week. my kids have been spewin and shitting for a week. the missus got crook when we got back, im still feeling a bit seedy. nadi is a mess. the resorts are cleaning up real quick, but thoose poor fijians have copped a hiding.
such is life...