EL NINO - LA NINA?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: EL NINO - LA NINA?

Post by Donweather » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 am

Gonna be tough paddling out the back in these current conditions. Head of the fetch is just offshore so its a sizey relentless swell (ie no lulls between sets) and given the low low tide expected this afteernoon, that won't be helping the situation either.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:58 am

I know a couple of spots, either side of a big headland where there'll be waves and easy go outs.
Be checking it about lunchtime.

Ah! Shit!
It's a public holiday in Brisso ain't it??

:twisted: :twisted: Already wall to wall heads at the KBG.
You out there fluffy?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:14 am

Donweather wrote:Gonna be tough paddling out the back in these current conditions. Head of the fetch is just offshore so its a sizey relentless swell (ie no lulls between sets) and given the low low tide expected this afteernoon, that won't be helping the situation either.
That's what N ends are for Don.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:27 pm

TrevG wrote:I know a couple of spots, either side of a big headland where there'll be waves and easy go outs.

Ah! Shit!

You out there fluffy?
Didn't you get washed back down the point last time (a few weeks ago with Ledge) in a very similar locally generated swell event? And yeah I heard KGB is crowded with Brisso blow ins.

If it's any consellation Trev, I'm stuck at work today!!! :evil:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Donweather wrote:
TrevG wrote:I know a couple of spots, either side of a big headland where there'll be waves and easy go outs.

Ah! Shit!

You out there fluffy?
Didn't you get washed back down the point last time (a few weeks ago with Ledge) in a very similar locally generated swell event? And yeah I heard KGB is crowded with Brisso blow ins.

If it's any consellation Trev, I'm stuck at work today!!! :evil:
It's much, much cleaner today than it was that time. I didn't actually get washed down the point but would have if i'd tried to follow Mick out the keyhole. I actually walked back and rocked off the ledge just inside the groyne.
Just about to head off with my board.
Watch this space. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:27 pm

So how'd ya go Trev?