Billabong Pro Santa Catarina

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Billabong Pro Santa Catarina

Post by Donweather » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Does anyone actually know what beach it is that this event is held at. As far as I can see on google maps, Santa Catarina is actually not right on the coast. Would be a real shame this time of the year if they're surfing north of Laguna, as most of the S'ly groundswells look to be blocked/diminished north of Laguna, hence all eyes would be facing east for any swell and it aint looking that grand?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Billabong Pro Santa Catarina

Post by Donweather » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Is it at Imbituba beach?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm

If so, looks like they might have something surfable come early-mid next week.

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:21 am

Hey Don, Santa Catarina is really the name of the region - kind of like 'The Gold Coast' or 'Surf Coast' etc

Imbituba is the main break for the comp - beach break set up with an interesting point / bay formation to the north of the beach that can help sculpt some classic banks, havent seen to much on the bank quality at present, will let you know when I get there in a week.

What swell you seeing on the charts Don? South Atlantic juice coming up? Any long range northern juice look like it may have a shot of reaching the region in the next week or so?
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com