SPCZ

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

SPCZ

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 pm

So can the gurus out there please tell me that the current models are dreaming when it comes to a reasonable cyclone forming up near Fiji next week!!!

I'm supposed to be flying into Fiji come this Sunday and Huey is obviously aware of this planned family holiday.....ya cnut (and that's coming from Mrs Donweather as she's not impressed with Huey at all!!!)

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: SPCZ

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 pm

No help at all from me DonW, you know your science much better than I.

Interesting weather, very similar to about a month or so ago. The change in seasons I was feeling a week or so ago has gone back to more of the same.

Groundhog day. It seems possible, but like a system a month or so ago, the cyclone development seems to stay at the far reaches of the charts.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Well it's fair to say Huey is getting me back for obviously something that I did to mega piss him off. Fair to say it's looking pretty damn likely that Fiji will get smashed later this weekend and into early next week.

Mrs Donweather is not a happy camper AT ALL :evil: :evil: :evil:

How am I gonna tell Donweather Juniors (2#) that they wont be going on a big plane to a tropical island come Sunday either. It's gonna break my heart to be the bearer of bad news to them............. :cry: :cry:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 am

Also, what's the chance of the Fujiwhara effect coming into play with the two cyclones in the Tropical South Pacific early next week?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:10 am

:shock:

Gawd there is gonna be some energy in the water.

Don't think I have heard of a fujiwhara effect occur in cyclones off Oz east coast?

Another piece of meteorological terminology to put in the memory.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 am

^^^ Sort of like a maritime Binary Star system. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 am

Faint possibility Don, based on initial track maps. Don't reckon they will get close enough but anything could happen.

Boy you sure are a brave man taking hols around the South Pac in cyclone season.

Why not go just after the tradewinds die down in Sep/Oct?

Good surf, good weather.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 pm

steve shearer wrote:Boy you sure are a brave man taking hols around the South Pac in cyclone season.

Why not go just after the tradewinds die down in Sep/Oct?

Good surf, good weather.
Well that's what I said to my wife when she booked it for March, but we then got a quote for Oct and it was $2k more expensive (almost twice the price) so she decided to leave it booked for March. I think she's regretting that now, but hey, that's why we also took out travel insurance!!!

It's more the dissappointment in my two little boys faces when we keep telling them that we may not be going on their first OS trip now........ :cry:

Oh and BTW - This is not a surfing trip....this is a family trip to pay back for my OS surfari in February (which seems just a mere faint memory now).

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Don't know Guard. I've postponed my trip to May now thanks to Tomas. Cost me an extra $1400 and my fecker travel insurance company wont pick up the tab....cnuts!!!