where have all you predictors gone

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Scroty
regular

Re: where have all you predictors gone

Post by Scroty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Why don't you guys just face the facts - you couldn't predict your own anal rape until BB was in past the helmet.
Last edited by Scroty on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks Scroty, a well considered and poignant reply, illuminating all who read it.

Hit the nail on the head. You're a freaking genius. :|
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 pm

what are you scroty a fcuken new zealander.

why don't you blow up your north island and be done with it.

well you can leave the bit with Raglan on it but get rid of the stupid penis shaped top bit. it is interfering with way too much surf.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:...now there's been a TC off the back of Fiji and another in the offing.

Let us hear how youse all think early autumn is shaping up on the Australian east coast.

Sad to say I believe it will be Shit. June/July on the other hand will be off the hook.

OK your turn shearer, donw, barsatrdos, oldman etc

We should be glad you offered yourself up as some kind of sacrificial lamb NC but still ....it's been pretty much pumping every day since u made this call.

I'd like to see a nude run ...at Bells preferably as some kind of atonement.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:23 pm

steve shearer wrote:We should be glad you offered yourself up as some kind of sacrificial lamb NC but still ....it's been pretty much pumping every day since u made this call.

I'd like to see a nude run ...at Bells preferably as some kind of atonement.
Nude surf at Bells, during the comp!!! The water's rather cold down there then isn't it :lol: :lol:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 am

last thing pin dicks need worry about is shrinkage :lol:

p.s http://www.weatherzone.com.au/synoptic.jsp?d=0

it's slowly tracking south....break out the guns...if u have em 8)

8) 8) 8)
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 am

Might've been pumping in SE Qld, but Sydney is living up to NC's prediction.

And Oldman's probably right about taking the beginning of the week off: while I have no hard evidence, my observation is that Sunday night/Monday morning the swell starts to rise, stays up through the week and Friday arvo it starts to flag, dropping to SFA by Saturday morning. The pattern would suggest that Huey is on the dole and hates crowd as much as the next deity.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:59 am

Wind3285032and32mslp_Australia_72.gif

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Maroubra.jpg

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 am

Autumn? One month down, two to go. NC's prediction is holding true, so far.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 am

ajohnsen wrote:Autumn? One month down, two to go. NC's prediction is holding true, so far.
Hardly for us SE Qlders and Nth NSW......and so much more to come this week and beyond as well!!! :P :D

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am

I know, and it hurts.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am

ajohnsen wrote:Autumn? One month down, two to go. NC's prediction is holding true, so far.
I was going to say I wonder what Steve Shearer has been smoking, but he would have been getting some up north.

As Mr Johnsen points out, there has been nothing down here.

So far, Carroll ahead.

Now if we can get Carroll to predict no surf for the Sydney region, that might improve the odds :!: :mrgreen:

Still waiting for that seasonal change that was sort of being hinted at about a month ago, and then disappeared behind another month of summer. :?
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 pm

You southern folk should stop complaining. Your time will come during Winter and Spring. Autumn is the one season for SE Qld to shine.

Although I do reckon that something might just sneak under the radar for you southern folk come later Tuesday morning and into Tuesday afternoon. And with very little other swell in the water to contaminate the wave buoys, let's see what this one has to offer, with all eyes at south facing beaches of course.

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Donweather wrote:You southern folk should stop complaining.
Oh c'mon Don, have you ever known a surfer to not complain? Given the number of variables, there's always something. Even if everything did fall into place, I'd still complain about crap coffee, male pattern baldness and/or the state of things.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Synoptics just seem pregnant with possibilities, with the area least likely to get swell to be the area I will be frequenting.

Hopeful of some south swell Don, for a little while, and maybe even a little long period north east action depending on those systems that you are looking at. I'll be a bit north of sydney, but not far enough to really get what's coming your way.

I'm even optimistic enough to hope for a more traditional autumnal south swell with south west winds combo oustide the current forecasting timeframes.

Will somebody please sink NZ, now.

Keep your hopes up Mr Johnsen, and your complaining. Can't trust anyone who doesn't complain.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Donweather wrote:Although I do reckon that something might just sneak under the radar for you southern folk come later Tuesday morning and into Tuesday afternoon. And with very little other swell in the water to contaminate the wave buoys, let's see what this one has to offer, with all eyes at south facing beaches of course.
So can anyone confirm if the latest Sydney wave buoy readings are in fact translating to something surfable on the ground down there at south facing beaches? With light SW/S winds, one would think there'd be some fun, albeit inconsistent waves from the S/SE.

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm at work and only checking via CW's cams but no, it doesn't look like anything has come through. I could be an optimist and suggest that an incoming tide will improve things, but I doubt it.