Drought breaker?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Butts

Re: Drought breaker?

Post by Butts » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 am

marcus_h wrote:That would be darn right, in Melbourne for work from Monday morning until Thursday night
Marcus, don't worry, there will be swell for when you get back. :wink:
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 am

marcus_h wrote:That would be darn right, in Melbourne for work from Monday morning until Thursday night
Marcus, you should stick around down here for the weekend.

There's some good swell coming down this way late Fri night (6-8ft with some 10ft bombs on Sat and 6+ on Sun).

And . . you can buy yourself the best coffee in Aust along with some overpriced beers from fancy bars while you're here.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Wouldn't mind hanging around down there Mical but have to get back for a full days work on Friday.

And Butts - thanks for the confidence, but your wink doesnt make me feel so sure

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:40 pm

It's going to be good. Ankle reconstruction tomorrow. I predicted this in December at the chrissy drinks.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Spoon wrote:It's going to be good. Ankle reconstruction tomorrow. I predicted this in December at the chrissy drinks.
Spoon I reckon you might be right. Feb last year I had a knee recon...and we only probably had the best 6-8 weeks of swell in the last 10 years.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 pm

A lot of energy heading the direction of the east coast.

7 day forecast is shaping up nicely on top of all the energy that was already on the water.

This will be interesting to watch, forecast and hindcast.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 pm

what's all this i see for east coast on monday?

qld/north nsw looks to cop 4-5ft easterly.

we'll see about that...

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:00 pm

el rancho wrote:what's all this i see for east coast on monday?

Which Monday? 1st Feb? Wouldn't waste my time ER....will be junky weak windswell crap come Monday.

Later in the week is where the juice is....and going by latest GFS charts, could well be some nicely groomed lines stacked up at the points by the end of next week indeed.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Donweather wrote:

Which Monday? 1st Feb? Wouldn't waste my time ER....will be junky weak windswell crap come Monday.

Later in the week is where the juice is....and going by latest GFS charts, could well be some nicely groomed lines stacked up at the points by the end of next week indeed.
When do you fly out, Don? :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Donweather wrote:

Don thats what I want to hear, hopefully wont miss much monday-thursday

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Note to Digger.........
Thursday is looking the goods. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:40 pm

TrevG wrote:When do you fly out, Don? :twisted:
9:30am Monday and looking at the charts, we should be hooking into some 4-5ft barrels later that day, with not another soul in sight!!! :mrgreen: :D :) :lol: :P :mrgreen:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Donweather wrote:
TrevG wrote:When do you fly out, Don? :twisted:
9:30am Monday and looking at the charts, we should be hooking into some 4-5ft barrels later that day, with not another soul in sight!!! :mrgreen: :D :) :lol: :P :mrgreen:
Enjoy! 8)
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Digger,

Thursday's looking better all the time.
Reasonable swell size (not large but better than for a while) .................Check
Swell direction - just right for a nice swing around the island.................Check
Tide - low and incoming............................................................Check
Wind - light offshore early.........................................................Check

Here's hoping.
Beanpole

Skipper

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm

TrevG wrote:Enjoy! 8)
Thanks Trev. Will do. Looks like you guys are gonna have some fun too!!!

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 pm

TrevG wrote:Digger,

Reasonable swell size (not large but better than for a while) .................Check
Swell direction - just right for a nice swing around the island.................Check
Tide - low and incoming............................................................Check
Wind - light offshore early.........................................................Check

Here's hoping.
indeed....i have a mate flying down from cairns

i know of two car loads driving up from sydney :shock:

i imagine briso will all but empty

massive crowd building for one day waves ......................................check

p.s those little graphs in the swell reports don't actually show wave height, more crowd factor :idea:

i like the swells they don't see coming :!:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:

Here's hoping.
indeed....i have a mate flying down from cairns

i know of two car loads driving up from sydney :shock:

i imagine briso will all but empty

massive crowd building for one day waves ......................................check
Nah Mate, they'll all be disappointed.
When things line up this far out, somethin's gotta give. :twisted: :twisted:
Beanpole

Skipper

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Here's hoping.
Looks like im coming down mate, I cant be bothered withthe points, the crowd will just be insane, will check my local point first in case on wenesday after work
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".