Huey is a PRICK!!!

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Huey is a PRICK!!!

Post by Donweather » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Feck Huey can be a right prick. After assessing the charts and models for the last 3-4 days, I've been geeing up quite a few guys for a particular day next week to get us some very nice quality waves at my favourite SC beachie, including an extended morning surf (taking the morning off work) as conditions looked primo wind wise, and what do you know, the prick goes and completely changes the charts on me (both GFS and EC) with winds now looking to be onshore!!!!

Argghhhhh!!!!
:evil:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Huey is a PRICK!!!

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:26 am

Donweather wrote:Feck Huey can be a right prick. After assessing the charts and models for the last 3-4 days, I've been geeing up quite a few guys for a particular day next week to get us some very nice quality waves at my favourite SC beachie, including an extended morning surf (taking the morning off work) as conditions looked primo wind wise, and what do you know, the prick goes and completely changes the charts on me (both GFS and EC) with winds now looking to be onshore!!!!

Argghhhhh!!!!
:evil:
Very unusual to be onshore first thing in the morning up here in winter, Don.
Hope you're wrong. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:57 am

Move this over to uninteresting trivial facts fellas.

Scroty
regular

Post by Scroty » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:38 am

Well, in your ongoing experiment to see if the shotgun effect outweighs the jinx effect, just chalk one up to the jinxing.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:49 am

phew''
for a moment i thought i was in the shit. haa'

regards huie.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm

TrevG wrote:Very unusual to be onshore first thing in the morning up here in winter, Don.
Hope you're wrong. 8)
I wasn't suggesting it wont be offshore at dawn Trev. More so I was intending to take the whole morning off and get an extended session in the water (when the winds were forecast to be offshore all day). That now looks very unlikely and so it'll just be a dawn raid for me, until the onshores kick in....which I hope is later, rather than sooner.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Suck it up

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 pm

It's been pumping here Don.

Not onshore either.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:It's been pumping here Don.

Not onshore either.
Attitude_1_3_1_1_3_1.jpg
Attitude_1_3_1_1_3_1.jpg (35.08 KiB) Viewed 5914 times
:wink:

It's our turn to shine next week Nick!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Donweather wrote:
TrevG wrote:Very unusual to be onshore first thing in the morning up here in winter, Don.
Hope you're wrong. 8)
I wasn't suggesting it wont be offshore at dawn Trev. More so I was intending to take the whole morning off and get an extended session in the water (when the winds were forecast to be offshore all day). That now looks very unlikely and so it'll just be a dawn raid for me, until the onshores kick in....which I hope is later, rather than sooner.
Oh Good.
I normally knock up after a couple of hours anyway so that'll be good. :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Huey is a double PRICK!!! Not only does he take away my all day offshores for tomorrow, but he now downgrades the local synoptic wind forecast for Thursday......and with the the arrival of the peak in E/SE groundswell occurring on Thursday morning, I would now dearly love to be at my favourite SC beachie come Thursday morning.

But some feck wit accepted a meeting invitation for 9am on Thursday morning thinking local winds would be crap!!!! ARGGGHHHH!!!!!

For those who can (in SE Qld), get into it Thursday morning.......there will be some power in the water (albeit it a little inconsistent).

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm interested in your take on this DonCorleone.

They were predicting 3-4 metre seas on the weather last night (Sydney), and for some west and south west winds to develop later (maybe Wednesday), but that seemed to go with the idea that this trough would strengthen and become a low pressure system, or something pretty close at least to turn the winds around.

Current charts indicate just a trough, weakening at that, no offshores for anyone on the east coast, and rain, but for the life of me the current charts don't match up with big swell from what I am looking at.

At best it's looking like very close range wind swell. Where is the ground swell gonna come from? What am I missing here. (now there's an opening) :mrgreen:

Have the charts changed a lot (judging from last post, I'd assume so).
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Oldman, you have to remember where I live. This long range E/SE groundswell will only really benefit SE Qld/Nth NSW as the rest of the east coast was shielded from the fetch as it was behind (east of) NZ.

And don't get me wrong, it's not gonna be huge by any stretch of the imagination. Probably around 2ft tomorrow, perhaps 2ft+, building to perhaps 3ft by Thursday, perhaps 3ft+. It's just that us SE Qld folk very rarely get to experience a true groundswell having swell periods in the 15-17 second class so when this one popped up, and given it's from our only real favourable swell window (east), I got excited. Add to this that the charts a week or so ago were indicating all day offshores tomorrow and into Thursday morning and it was shaping up to be a good looking couple of days with fun clean all day conditions.

And my favourite SC beachie has prime banks at the moment so that was also adding to my excitement factor. Local winds aren't looking so good but hey they should still be offshore come tomorrow so I'm hopeful of getting wet at least.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks Don,

You just confirmed that you are looking at a different system.

I have heard some surf calls that didn't gel with what I was expecting over the next few days. Keeping my eye on how things develop. Still bugger all wind down here, small ESE swell, building slowly.

I can see the fetch on the system you are talking about. Hope you can get amongst it.

But don't miss that 9.00am meeting. :wink:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 am

oldman wrote:Hope you can get amongst it.
After checking the wave buoys at 4:30am this morning I flagged it and went back to bed. Gonna try for Friday morning leftovers now, seeing as I can't do tomorrow (which I reckon will be the shiz!!!) Let's hope Huey looks after me on Friday both in terms of swell and even more so local synoptic winds!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:21 pm

I got two sessions in Don's swell today and I'm gonna get more tomorrow. :lol:
I just realised today when I was paddling out at 2 pm that even 2 years after retirement I still sometimes feel like a truant when I surf during the week. :oops:
I'm working on overcoming that. :lol:
Beanpole

Skipper

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 pm

TrevG wrote:I got two sessions in Don's swell today and I'm gonna get more tomorrow. :lol:
I feel privileged that people are now naming swells after me. Thanks Trev!!!

Obviously you didn't call Huey a Prick and were suitably rewarded!!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Please don't tell me Spring has come early to us SE Qlders? I can't see anything of note worthy at all on the medium to long range charts for SE Qld. The only hope of a pray is if the low off the NE coast of NZ this weekend forms and deepens a little higher in latitude than is currently modelled and even then we'd struggle to see much more than 2ft from that old girl anyway.

Even looking (and travelling) to the south doesn't look overly promising. C'mon Huey ya Prick, show us what ya made of!!!