Can't access the bloddy BOM :(

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

dan
regular

Can't access the bloddy BOM :(

Post by dan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:08 pm

Why can't I access that damn BOM page (www.bom.gov.au I'm sure you know what I mean!)

I hear a coupla weeks ago on Don's report that he couldn't access it either. I'm with an Internet provider called iinet (www.iinet.net.au) and so is my work, but I can get into the BOM from there no worries. All my mates can use the site and I got no firewalls or anything like that running. I just can't figure it out... I thought maybe they blocked my Internet address (if that means something to any of you) but I recently found out that the address changes every day or so!

Anyone have any ideas?

dan
regular

Post by dan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:07 pm

ok don't worry. I got it fixed. Was just something simple. And I NEVER use Internet Explorer, unless I wanna get all sorts of shit onto my pc from just viewing any old site.

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:11 pm

dan wrote:ok don't worry. I got it fixed. Was just something simple. And I NEVER use Internet Explorer, unless I wanna get all sorts of shit onto my pc from just viewing any old site.
so what do ya use if not IE?