The 'Reverse Psychology' Swell Forecast

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

The 'Reverse Psychology' Swell Forecast

Post by 2nd Reef » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Well it looks like we aren't going to get any decent swell mid-week. There are no deep and well-positioned lows forecast to form on Monday and move quickly towards NZ on Tuesday. The winds are not going to be from the sou' west on Tuesday morning. The tides however, are going to be low early, which is great for my local. But then what does that matter when there's not going to be any swell, eh?

puurri
Owl status

Re: The 'Reverse Psychology' Swell Forecast

Post by puurri » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:27 pm

2nd Reef wrote:Well it looks like we aren't going to get any decent swell mid-week. There are no deep and well-positioned lows forecast to form on Monday and move quickly towards NZ on Tuesday. The winds are not going to be from the sou' west on Tuesday morning. The tides however, are going to be low early, which is great for my local. But then what does that matter when there's not going to be any swell, eh?

after this weeks events should we expect they "givvus a sign"?

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:42 pm

I was going to go the early from Tuesday onwards this week but seeing as there is no swell on the horizon I'll sleep in and watch Kochie be an overbearing dick on sunrise.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:26 pm

there is totally no chance any waves for this week...or the rest the month...anything that does look like swell will be hounded by onshores

and plus....2nd reefer....even thu your tide charts shows it will be low tide,,,tide charts are frocked/ made by people who don't sea saltwater....so in fact - you will be facing a very high tide,,,,but don't worry....forecasters will provide you with a comp[uter generated chart showing there predictions are precise :roll: ....got love science

i'm going on a bender :idea: 8) :roll:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Yeah, nah, it's going to suck.

I'm not getting up really f**ken early on Wednesday.

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:00 pm

I had developed this awesome excuse, the little one was sick!
Its the sort of excuse no one will question, and you will be supported for having to leave suddenly, or not show up in the office for days and then return in good health.
But then I realised there is no point if there is no swell, the tides are wrong and the winds are crapful

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:08 pm

I reckon there's gunna be the craziest SE swell ever for the bottom half of the NSW coast, for the entire week. Better than the big July swell of '01, better than last years run of swell. Best ever, by like 10 fold!!!

We're gunna miss out big time up here unfortunately :x . If only a nice low would set up out in the coral sea later in the week, with a nice little squeeze between it and a high to the S. And if only all that sand that is in T tree bay would've all piled up behind the rocks at boiling pot. Ohh well, best resign myself to the harsh truth :cry: . There's never any waves up here.

:twisted:

Butts

Post by Butts » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:17 pm

2nd Reef wrote:Well it looks like we aren't going to get any decent swell mid-week. There are no deep and well-positioned lows forecast to form on Monday and move quickly towards NZ on Tuesday. The winds are not going to be from the sou' west on Tuesday morning. The tides however, are going to be low early, which is great for my local. But then what does that matter when there's not going to be any swell, eh?
No comment :wink:

Wednesday is going to be a "flat lined" patient :twisted: :twisted:

stinky_wes
regular

Post by stinky_wes » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:28 pm

I don't know why you guys are complaining so much about the current forecasts...

I for one have been enjoying these tiny, tending unrideable, conditions. In fact, if it stays like this for the remainder of winter I will be extremely pleased and will look forward to retelling to my grandchildren the tale of the perfectly flat winter of '08.

And to think that this wonderful spell of non-swell has begun during the school holidays so all the children could enjoy this event. Hopefully it continues for a while longer, so the rest of us can benefit from the complete flatness, without having to compete with the crowds.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:35 pm

New board is coming Wednesday. Not working Thursday or Friday (I think)

Regardless of what the weather charts say there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell of surfable swell from Thursday morning on.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 pm

oldman wrote:New board is coming Wednesday. Not working Thursday or Friday (I think)

same...only i get my new board tuesday

plus i'm goona get a haircut

so yeah...no....double no swell wammy there :lol:

sorry guys/gals/ompers...new board...haircut....serious extended flat spell anticipated :cry:

p.s see u behind the pot tiger 8)

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:50 pm

stinky_wes wrote:I don't know why you guys are complaining so much about the current forecasts...

I for one have been enjoying these tiny, tending unrideable, conditions. In fact, if it stays like this for the remainder of winter I will be extremely pleased and will look forward to retelling to my grandchildren the tale of the perfectly flat winter of '08.

And to think that this wonderful spell of non-swell has begun during the school holidays so all the children could enjoy this event. Hopefully it continues for a while longer, so the rest of us can benefit from the complete flatness, without having to compete with the crowds.
all hail those small lovely predictable little shits

Realbooger
regular

Post by Realbooger » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 am

Pope killed the swell...
"What ever you can do I can do better."

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:50 am

I'm planning on waking up an hour earlier one day this week to do some much needed overtime at work.

Tiger, Fong... which morning would you suggest? Wednesday or Thursday? :lol:

tiger wrote:There's never any waves up here.

Yeah, Fong and I had a horrible surf at a certain bay yesterday that is supposed to be a swell magnet... terribly, long walk in too... :wink:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:29 am

oldman wrote:New board is coming Wednesday. Not working Thursday or Friday (I think)
What happened to the cure?

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:44 am

rightbrainpositive wrote:I'm planning on waking up an hour earlier one day this week to do some much needed overtime at work.

Tiger, Fong... which morning would you suggest? Wednesday or Thursday? :lol:

tiger wrote:There's never any waves up here.

Yeah, Fong and I had a horrible surf at a certain bay yesterday that is supposed to be a swell magnet... terribly, long walk in too... :wink:
Aim for surf time more towards the end of the week, into the wknd Felix. Earn brownie points now!!

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Butts wrote:Wednesday is going to be a "flat lined" patient :twisted: :twisted: