Breaking Whale News!

Have an environmental cause? Announce and discuss here.

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

Lairdy
Grommet

Breaking Whale News!

Post by Lairdy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:39 pm

I have just got back from a very interesting breakfast where some guy (I will call him Mr Brains) claiming to be a marine biologist / neuro surgeon. (Certainly a lot smarter than me.) :D :oops: made a very interesting claim...:

Now - who remembers that Sperm Whale washed up on Copacabana the other week...? Mr Brains got down there and took a few samples from the dead whale. In fact he has been collecting samples from various whales that have been washed up dead on our beaches, for many years now. OK - here comes the interesting part:

He is adamant that after conducting heaps of experiments on these wonderful beasts that the very last thing that you would ever want to do with a whale.............................is..................................................................................................................................................EAT IT!!!!!!

You remember that mad cow disease in Britain? Well Whales carry some sort of 'brain numbing to man virus' that if passed over to humans can be disastrous! I wonder if the Japanese are aware of this? Evidentally not - unless their Whale killing crusades truly are for research... :?

Floyd
regular

Post by Floyd » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:01 pm

irony

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Japanese Pot :roll:
That explains why they belly ride 9' mals down the wave, stand up, and then get nailed by the wall of foam. :P